Posted on 2 October 2017
Digital Designer at The PoolThe Pool is looking for a creative digital designer to work in our London office.
We are looking for someone who has at least two years’ experience in a similar role. Experience working in-house for an online publishing platform or brand is preferred, with a portfolio demonstrating creative thinking, as well as an awareness of digital requirements. A comprehensive knowledge of Adobe software is essential, particularly Photoshop. Some experience of picture research and video is desired, knowledge of HTML is a plus.
The role is ideal for someone at a junior-to-mid level, who is confident in their ability to lead design tasks artistically and technically, as well as guiding and managing an intern. You will be the go-to for all of the team’s day-to-day design questions and responsible for creative content on the site and social media, but also able to roll your sleeves up for any task, big or small.
This is a high-pressure role with daily deadlines, so we are looking for someone who has a methodical and organised approach, a remarkable eye for detail and the ability to work effectively and manage their time when up against multiple deadlines.
The role requires someone who has supreme confidence in their visual skills and ideas, and can pick up the brand style quickly; also someone who can communicate effectively and confidently with writers and other departments, and is willing to put in overtime as and when required. You will also be required to work creatively with the art team to develop the look of the site alongside the picture editor.
- Designing creative visuals to illustrate articles on the site and social media
- Assisting the picture editor in sourcing images, both news-based and conceptual
- Working with the AV team to design graphics for video content
- Working with the commercial team to deliver visual content for commercial projects
- Commissioning illustrations on a regular basis
- Working with photographers and providing feedback for special projects
- Methodically dividing time between daily deadlines and long-term projects
- Creating printed designs for special events
- Contributing to digital and tech ideas to keep the brand at the forefront of online media
- Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe software
- Exceptional understanding of digital asset creation
- Creative thinking and a good visual eye
- Awareness of digital visual trends and tech
- Able to quickly and confidently adapt to house style
- Managing multiple deadlines competently under pressure
- Knowledge of retouching
- Experience working with and commissioning photographers, video producers and illustrators
- Basic HTML
How to ApplyTo apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 27 October, however we will be reviewing applications from 9 October.