Posted on 3 October 2017
Graphic Designer at Hunter Boot LtdLocation: Marble Arch, London
Reports to: Head of Brand Creative
Hunter was born out of the British obsession to unearth something new. Forged by the desire to discover, the spirit of Hunter was created. Since the business was founded in Scotland in 1856 we have taken the path that others dare not take. Consequently, we are proud of our history of innovation and pioneering design.
We are a small, friendly team who is looking for a new member to collaborate with on an ever-growing number of exciting projects which vary from global advertising campaigns to traditional graphic design. This role is pivotal within the Brand team in supporting the Head of Brand Creative and the Senior Designer. You will brainstorm and work collaboratively with us on seasonal projects and key opportunities, developing the creative output of the Hunter brand.
The ideal person for this role is a Designer who wants to push creative boundaries with their ideas. They have a natural interest in design and art direction within fashion. You will be energetic, social, and a team-player who can establish and build excellent relationships not only within the Creative team, but also with all other departments that you are working with. You will have a strong eye for detail, and are interested in what is culturally relevant in terms of music, art and design.
Key to success in this role will be the ability to prioritise your time well to ensure you are consistently meeting deadlines whilst multitasking and working across a broad range of global projects. Your portfolio will show clear and strong examples of graphic design and art direction exhibiting excellent Creative Suite knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
The key responsibilities of this role are to:
- Be responsible for the exceptional delivery of all projects assigned to you ensuring that you are meeting deadlines and staying within budget, communicating to all stakeholders throughout
- Curate and create innovative social content by collaborating with illustrators, animators and photographers
- Manage and own all assigned projects from concept to execution – these range across retail space design, business-as-usual emails and Social media, display ads, event execution, shoots and roll out of multiple web asset layouts
- Assist in driving consistency across the Graphic Design team through working to brand guidelines with consistent attention to detail before obtaining Head of Brand Creatives approval
- Create shoot mood boards to an excellent standard – which include photographic, styling, hair and make-up direction
- Be responsible for organising and producing smaller photo shoots
- Ensure close collaboration with production companies and external creative partners, such as photographers where needed, to ensure exceptional and timely delivery of projects
- Build and maintain excellent relationships internally and externally, particularly with Marketing, Social, Retail and E-commerce teams, to help meet the strategic objectives of the business
- Analyse success of past campaign creative to feed into new seasonal updates
- Be responsible for effective time management communicating any concerns regarding deadlines to the Creative Department Manager as priority and recommending potential solutions
- Liaise with stakeholders to collate content for design of internal / external presentations
Job Specification (skills required):
- Strong portfolio of graphic design and art direction
- A passion for and knowledge of fashion and photography
- Excellent Creative Suite knowledge
- InDesign (essential)
- Photoshop (essential)
- Illustrator (essential)
- Excellent typographic skills
How to ApplyTo apply for the role, please send your CV and portfolio to: