Posted on 4 October 2017
Junior Video Editor at AiWe're looking for a talented and enthusiastic Junior Video Editor (can be a recent graduate) to join our team. We are a small London-based creative agency (with an office in Melbourne) that works on some of the best known and most loved entertainment franchises in the world. Our clients (who include Disney, Lucasfilm, Marvel, EON Productions, MGM, eOne Films, Fox, Picturehouse and Sonia Friedman Productions) require an unusually high degree of discretion so you won't find out much about our work online. We create content (from social content to behind-the-scenes documentaries on movie sets), marketing and brand strategies and manage many global social media presences for brands, entertainment properties and notable individuals.
What you'd be doing...
Day to day you would be assisting on editing videos for online digital content and helping to organise video and audio files after shoots. You would also assist on shoots; helping manage the logistics of the shoot, organising equipment and sometimes helping capture footage.
During days that we don’t have shoots or urgent video work to edit, you will be helping the art team with creating social media posts for campaigns. This can range from cutting/editing movie trailers to create micro clips/gifs to helping with motion graphics for animations.
We need someone who is interested and enthusiastic to work with video from the planning stage through to shooting and finally working with the client to produce the best final product. This job would suit a creatively ambitious person who wants to be part of a fast-moving creative team, constantly learning and constantly being challenged to create better and better work.
What we're hoping you can bring:
- Full understanding of Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Knowledge of full Adobe Suite a bonus, but not 100% necessary
- Understanding of how to operate a camera (Canon 5D, C300 etc) a distinct bonus, though not 100% necessary but we would at least look for a high level of competence shooting on iPhone
- A passion for popular entertainment (especially movies and "cinematic TV")
- A keen understanding of how filmed content works online and especially in social media
- Happy to go on major film sets and assist with experienced cameramen and possibly even capture social materials on sets yourself
You would need to be able to:
- Provide an existing portfolio of video work examples
- Ready to work to tight deadlines (sometimes on unsociable hours) and adapt ideas to client’s needs
- Be imaginative and creative. Be able to bring clever, fun, attention-grabbing ideas to the table and think outside the box
- Understand that we work on global entertainment properties, so that means working when our clients need us – this is not a job for someone who wants to work 9-5. You have to love what you do to be successful on our team
How to ApplyPlease send CVs, links to portfolios and online work to email@example.com and please put JUNIOR VIDEO EDITOR APPLICATION in the subject line.
NB we will only contact successful applicants (by the end of October) who will be invited for an interview. The position is open now and we will be looking to bring you onboard in November.