Posted on 4 October 2017
Senior FMCG Designer (5 month contract) at grazeGood just got exciting! Using technology to create the world’s No.1 healthier snack brand, graze continues to grow and offer new ways for our consumers to snack, from subscription, to retail and our online shop. We combine a love of food with a pioneering use of technology and product innovation to create delicious snacks with healthy benefits. We’ve come a long way since we shipped our first box, becoming one of the fastest growing companies in the UK with our entry into the US market viewed the most successful launch in history for a UK brand.
From packaging and POS, to inserts and emails, our small creative agency designs everything in-house. Being part of our in house team will allow you the freedom to own, shape and really get under the skin of the graze brand, as well working in a fast paced, highly iterative and extremely collaborative environment. We’re our own client!
As we expand rapidly in both UK and US retail, we are looking for an experienced designer with a wealth of FMCG knowledge to support our big plans for innovation. Reporting into our Head of Design, you’ll be working directly with our brand and innovation teams to lead the design on some very exciting new projects. You will be primarily designing packaging, so you need solid experience in creating incredibly beautiful and effective design solutions across a variety of formats and materials. You’ll also be joining us at a pivotal time for the brand, as we embark on a major relaunch…
The role is a 5 month contract, but it’s possible this could be extended or become a permanent role.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Taking product propositions and developing them into creative packaging solutions
- Collaborating with our brand and innovation team to develop early stage concepts and scamps that explore multiple creative routes
- Developing creative routes through to final, print ready packaging and artworking them for the appropriate print method
- Presenting your designs to project owners and key stakeholders
- Highly proactive with the ability to initiate concepts and develop them through to completion
- A real people person full of creative energy who enjoys collaborating with multiple teams
- Able to bring your ideas to life both verbally and visually and comfortable presenting this to key stakeholders
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines - we move exceptionally fast!
- Passionate about design (particularly packaging) and up to date with the latest trends, particularly within food and drink FMCG.
- Familiar with the graze brand and able to ensure all work reflects this.
- At least 5 year’s experience working with a FMCG brand, ideally food & drink based.
- A solid FMCG packaging portfolio showcasing 4 to 5 different pieces of work (must have examples of food/drink packaging)
- The ability to create initial concepts using pen and paper
- Serious skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- A solid knowledge of printing processes and how to set up print ready artwork
- A talent for illustration would be hugely advantageous
What’s in it for you?
- graze is a young company, moving into new commercial areas including Retail, Online and new geographies, so you’ll be joining a progressive and expanding company which offers learning and opportunity for you to grow.
- The opportunity to truly shape the brand’s future look & feel across all touchpoints and work cross-functionally to implement it
- There’s some seriously smart, agile, informed, helpful, modest, funny and dedicated people in the business!