Posted on 5 October 2017
Deputy Editor at FMSAt FMS Global Media we’re dedicated to publishing exceptional bespoke print and digital editorial content for some of the world’s finest luxury brands, including Gaggenau, Sunseeker, Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, American Express, Weatherbys Private Bank and St George. We also publish Luxury Briefing, our monthly business-to-business luxury industry journal.
We are looking for a confident, proactive, editorially savvy and organised Deputy Editor to edit, project manage, client manage and control quality of FMS Global Media’s print and digital editorial projects.
Working across 1-2 titles within FMS’s portfolio of contract publishing accounts, you will be responsible for the end-to-end ideation, production, quality control and delivery of all creative projects, alongside the day-to-day management of the client relationship. You will also edit Luxury Briefing, which involves planning editorial, liaising with regular contributors, commissioning features, writing features as necessary, conducting interviews, subediting and delivering on time each month.
What will you be doing?
- Consistently communicating and coordinating with client contacts to ensure the smooth running and delivery of their projects on time and on budget
- Working with the Group Editor, but also independently, to brainstorm editorial content ideas and creative approaches to clients’ marketing objectives
- Commissioning and coordinating external freelancers, including journalists, photographers, proofreaders and art-workers, at every stage of the process
- Working closely with the FMS Editorial, Production and Design Teams to ensure all teams are working concurrently towards the same, clearly defined objectives and deadlines
- Coordinating photoshoots in studio and on location, where necessary and in partnership with the FMS Production Team
- Proactively keeping on top of all team-members’ to-dos and communicating wider challenges/obstacles to the team
- Maintaining day-to-day communications with all project-relevant PRs, pro-actively sourcing any missing contacts as necessary to achieve best quality options for content
- Contributing thoroughly researched image credits, pricing information, and occasional copy
- Liaising with FMS Management Team to give and receive updates on client work plus overarching business matters on a monthly basis
- New business pitch coordination and other ad-hoc project work where necessary
What are we looking for?
- You will have at least 3 years of experience working in the editorial team of a notable lifestyle magazine
- You will have a thorough knowledge of print and digital editorial processes
- You will have a thorough knowledge of the luxury industry and luxury magazine publishing
- Highly communicative and confident, you will be fond of writing and have excellent written and verbal communications skills, grammar and punctuation
- You will have experience writing and editing for online, with a knowledge of SEO best practices, social media and Wordpress
- A naturally team-spirited and organised person, you will also enjoy taking on fresh challenges and responsibility
- Highly motivated and reliable, you will also be flexible, positive and proactive
- A friendly, warm and open outlook with an ability to stay calm under pressure is essential
- You will have a strong visual sense and ability to interpret and translate design values to both clients and to designers
- You will demonstrate meticulous attention to detail alongside a firm grasp of each magazine’s wider objectives. (i.e. you will be as happy working with designers on a new visual approach and generating top-level content plans as you will be proofreading copy on final files going to press)
- You will have exhibited a demonstrable commitment to achieving high-quality work in your career to date
This is a great opportunity to join a compact-yet-growing, fast-moving and energetic independent publishers dedicated to producing beautiful work for world-class clients.