Posted on 7 October 2017
UX/UI Designer at EffectionEffection is a creative studio located in Soho, London. Since the agency launched in 2014 Effection has developed a reputation for creating bold and distinctive, design-led work for a range of clients from startups to PLCs. Continuously driven to push the creative boundaries for our clients, Effection has generated a brilliant reputation with its clients. The agency is now looking for a UI / UX Designer to join its passionate team of designers and to grow within the agency.
The role will involve developing UX strategy to take projects from client brief to developer handoff with support from the wider team. Reporting to the Creative Director, you will work with a team of designers, with developers and project managers on hand. You will have the chance to share input and shape the studio as we grow.
This is an excellent role to join a thriving agency, offering some brilliant career opportunities and working with an incredibly talented team.
- Produce wireframes, prototypes, concept sketches, interaction designs and user flows.
- Interpret the client’s brand and visual identity and translate it into high-end visuals, and find an appropriate balance between incorporating new trends and following the brand identity guidelines.
- Handle projects from client brief, through IA, UX, Design and developer handoff
- Iterate on your ideas and designs based on user input and feedback from your team.
- Work in a cross-functional team with other designers, developers and project managers.
- Excellent knowledge of design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Invision, Marvel, etc)
- Good understanding of front end technologies ( HTML/CSS/JS )
- Knowledge of User Experience and Information Architecture principles
- Well organised
- A proactive self starter, with the ability to take projects to completion and manage their time effectively
- An extensive portfolio of UI/UX work for web and native apps
- Excellent communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Familiar with Agile principles and workflows
- Experience with responsive frameworks such as Bootstrap and Foundation
- Team management skills
- Client presentation skills
- Experience with branding
- A broader interest in Design/
- Front End Development skills
- Familiarity with version control / Git