Posted on 9 October 2017
Marketing Design Director at The TelegraphReporting to the Creative Director and as part of the senior design team, we’re looking for a talented Designer with 5+ years experience who will have creative oversight of marketing communications for all Telegraph products.
You’ll have a broad background in design and art direction that spans all aspects of print and digital communications. You’ll be familiar with creating campaigns that live everywhere and have impact. Your experience working with a large brand, including a family of sub-brands, will be reflected in your portfolio of work.
The ideal candidate will have experience of managing a team of creatives – or assembling teams for specific projects – you’ll understand how to drive projects through to completion, give really good feedback and clarity of direction.
You’ll be great at spotting emerging talent for the team, whether it’s for our own team members or potentially agencies / individuals we could partner with. You’d nurture that talent to be successful at the Telegraph.
You should be easy to work with and understand the importance of building great relationships to get the best work made. It’s a highly collaborative environment and a huge team effort.
You’re naturally curious, and the hunger to create great work is what drives you and keeps you focused.
- Lead and manage the Marketing Design team
- Provide creative vision for our marketing communications across print and digital; evaluating existing products, reimagining and redesigning where necessary and as frequently as necessary to ensure Telegraph products lead the industry
- Work with the Creative Director and wider Marketing team on innovative new launches and special projects for print and digital
-As part of the senior design team, work with the Creative Director to help shape the wider visual output, ensuring Telegraph Design leads the industry across all platforms.
- Liaise with other departments, such as Editorial, Spark and Commercial to ensure successful outcomes for these areas, adapting quickly to changes across the business
- Liaise with third party providers including development agencies, repro houses and print sites to ensure best possible outcomes for our products
- As well as a mastery of Adobe CC, you will:
- Have an outstanding portfolio of projects of both print and digital design you’ve worked on, either individually and as part of a team.
- Have experience of developing creative conceptual ideas from scratch.
- Have a good understanding of typography, colours, usability and accessibility.
- Have a working understanding of HTML5, CSS and basic animation and prototyping applications
- Be able to express your vision clearly to stakeholders and provide clear direction to other designers.
-Know how to create a consistent visual language that is beautiful, stylish and recognisable for the entirety of our customers’ experience.
-Be an enthusiastic team player who likes to be constantly challenged.
-Be able to keep commercial objectives and the ‘bigger picture’ in mind when designing.
-Be aware of current design trends and the wider media landscape
-Have a strong understanding of the print production process
-Have strong organisational skills and be highly organised, and be able to clearly communicate with both your team and wider stakeholders to keep projects on track
The Telegraph is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How to ApplyIf you would like to apply for this vacancy please do so via our careers site: