Posted on 9 October 2017
Graphic & Digital Designer at FreehausFreehaus is a young and energetic architecture and design practice. We work in the UK and abroad on a wide range of architectural, interior and product design. We are seeking a freelance graphic/digital designer to work in our studio and take a leading role in the development of our graphic outputs to help in the development and implementation of our marketing strategy.
This position offers the right candidate a fantastic opportunity to gain experience shaping a business’ growth. We plan to undertake significant work to move our brand forward in 2018 and the successful applicant will help shape our approach and deliver a wide range of activities to support this.
We are looking for a confident individual, preferably with experience of working in the architectural/design sectors. Reporting directly to the practice directors, but working closely with other members of the Freehaus team, they will play a leading role in strengthening and maintaining our brand identity and outputs.
Based in our London studio, this role will include:
- Assisting in the development of a new brand identity for the practice and the implementation of new graphic outputs and collateral, including but not limited to: brochures, stationary, business cards, logos, website and work winning materials
- Creating concepts and materials to support marketing drives
- Managing our relationship with external printers, ensuring quality standards are met and overseeing the process from sourcing quotes to arranging print production and delivery.
- Developing bespoke brands and visual identities to support the work of our architects and product designers as well as the development of in-house templates and style guides
- Assisting with the internal approvals process including amendments and final sign-off
- Quality control and proofing of final materials
- Acting as brand champion, ensuring that we present the business consistently and to a high standard
Key skills and attributes:
- A relevant qualification in graphic design
- A team player with a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others and communicate design concepts
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective time and project management to ensure deadlines are met
- Expert user of design and photo-editing software, specifically Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS coding for website development and customization
- A passion or experience of architecture, design and the built environment would be desirable, but not essential.
- A knowledge of film editing software combined with editing skills would be useful.