Posted on 9 October 2017
Press Manager at Art NightArt Night is a free contemporary arts festival that transforms London for one summer night. Each year, a leading cultural institution and curator are invited to work in a different area of London, exploring its history, culture and architecture. Art Night was inspired by the international Nuit Blanche movement, first initiated in Paris in 2002. From Riga to Toronto, via Melbourne and Tokyo, this free-to-attend nocturnal celebration of arts and the city was staged in more than 30 cities worldwide and keeps expanding around the globe.
We are now looking for a Press Manager to join our team and work on Art Night 2018.
- Contract type: Freelance
- Time-frame: January / February-July 2018
- Commitment: At least 3-4 days per week to start with if possible. Full time from March is essential.
- Location: Vauxhall / Nine Elms
- Define an innovative press strategy to ensure regular coverage in the run up to and after the event.
- Define creative story angles for pitches.
- Targeted and one-to-one pitches to existing and new press contacts to ensure regular coverage. Work closely with Art Night Partners and Sponsors to maximise PR coverage for the festival, in collaboration with the Head of Development.
- Draft and issue press releases, sign off with relevant partners.
- Liaise with the curatorial team for planning artists’ interviews and articles.
- Plan and manage press events and announcements creatively to maximise impact.
- Broker and manage media partnerships.
- Increase Art Night’s presence in lifestyle, travel press, bloggers and broadcast.
- Create relationships with influencers in collaboration with the Head of Communications.
- Feed into overall marketing plan and social media strategy.
- Ensure sponsor credits and coverage.