Posted on 9 October 2017
Head of Communications at Art NightArt Night is a free contemporary arts festival that transforms London for one summer night. Each year, a leading cultural institution and curator are invited to work in a different area of London, exploring its history, culture and architecture. Art Night was inspired by the international Nuit Blanche movement, first initiated in Paris in 2002. From Riga to Toronto, via Melbourne and Tokyo, this free-to-attend nocturnal celebration of arts and the city was staged in more than 30 cities worldwide and keeps expanding around the globe.
We are now looking for a Head of Communications to join our young and dynamic team and work on Art Night 2018.
- Contract type: Freelance
- Time-frame: January / February-July 2018
- Commitment: At least 3-4 days per week to start with if possible. Full time from March is essential.
- Location: Vauxhall / Nine Elms.
- Draft a detailed marketing plan for Art Night 2018 and define the overall offline and online communications strategy for the festival, including defining key messaging and taglines, priority channels, creative campaigns, etc.
- Plan all communications activities to ensure high impact for a small budget, in order to attract the widest audience possible.
- Lead the digital communications strategy: plan communications strategy for digital channels, plan social media posting weekly and newsletter sending, with the support of a social media intern.
- Find creative ways to increase following, attendance to the Facebook event and newsletter sign up.
- Define and manage the paid social media campaign and online advertising.
- Market potential Art Night public events.
- Input on the visual campaign for social media in collaboration with Art Night’s graphic designer.
- Define and sign off a marketing and communications strategy for Art Night’s key sponsors: special stories, content, etc.
- Support the development of Art Night by drafting appropriate marketing and communications benefits for prospective sponsors.
- Liaise with sponsors and partners regarding logo sign off on all marketing materials.
- Liaise with Press Manager and advise on Press Strategy.
- Broker and manage media partnerships in relation with the Press Officer.
- Create relationships with influencers and secure their attendance to key events and to the festival.
- Make the most out of Art Night’s VIP events, artists’ studio visits and behind the scenes to communicate about the festival.