Posted on 10 October 2017
Communications Manager - Education at SAM Labs ltd.SAM Labs makes the most entertaining smart toys that inspire every child to easily discover the fun in coding and creating. Our STEAM Kits bring this engaging concept into the classroom with an accessible entry point into logic and problem solving, empowering teachers to engage their students by developing 21st century skills through play.
We are on the hunt for a passionate comms pro to join our tight-knit marketing team in our East London HQ as a Global Communications Executive, Education. As a Communications Executive you will be responsible for supporting the discovery, standout, credibility and frequency of SAM Labs communications worldwide. You will use your experience, skills and passion to promote our educational products to teachers and students around the world.
This role will report into the VP Marketing.
- Develop high quality content and messaging both for specific campaigns and launches, as well as for the broader Education portfolio
- Contribute to and execute the social media and email content calendars with precision, ensuring optimal timing and reach
- Develop and sustain the influencer and ambassador strategies by discovering, building and nurturing strong relationships with key education influencers around the world (Twitter influencers, bloggers, noted speakers, etc.)
- Write copy where required (case studies, website, social media) with the highest standard, keeping the audience needs in mind at all times
- Coordinate and manage needs for major international, regional and local events (people, processes, content and merchandise)
- Work with the VP Marketing to implement best practice and processes across all Education communications via owned and earned channels
- Under the guidance of the VP Marketing, execute the development of customer-centric communications strategies that appeal to the primary audience of teachers.
- Work with the VP Marketing to agree on clear ROI and KPI criteria and assess all communications activities against these
- Work closely with our external agencies (PR, brand, content) to support seamless execution
- Always deliver all communications activities to the highest standards – on time, within budget and meeting agreed objectives with zero errors.
- Enthusiastic, driven and creative
- Blessed with a serious attention to details for correcting spelling and asset
- Able to build relationships and work collaboratively with a range of different internal and external stakeholders
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- 1-2 years experience working in communications (PR, social media, copywriting)
- Familiarity with the Education market and its commercial considerations
- Excellent writing, presenting, and conversational skills
- Experience managing campaigns, creating effective customer-focused marketing materials
We work pretty hard and your thoughts and ideas are likely to be challenged by everyone in the team, including Ester in design, Michael in software, and David in sales. At the same time, Tak will get you doing sports, Liz will make sure you can have a go at board games and Giulio & Morten will give us plenty of new music to listen to.
As a young company, the best way to fare here will be by forming bonds with other employees (who come from completely different disciplines to yours), take initiative to pursue your instincts and ideas, and to drive the company forward.
We value optimism, collaboration, sense of ownership, the ability to embrace ambiguity, talk-less-do-more attitude, learning from failure, and making the team successful. If you identify with our values and want to contribute to SAM, we’d love to have you.