Posted on 10 October 2017
Account Manager at G.A Brand DesignG.A Brand Design is looking for a freelance Account Manager with at least 2 years of experience to join their multi-disciplinary team in Camden for a 5 week role.
As an Account Manager, you’ll act as an important link between the agency and our clients. Your role is to understand your clients’ goals and then work within the GABD team to deliver effective strategic and creative solutions. From the outset your key account will be American Express (UK and Hong Kong), delivering high-end branding and marketing solutions for their Centurion, Platinum and Gold Cardmembers. You will also support on the Millennium Hotels and Resorts account, contributing towards the delivery of assets for their global M Social brand.
We’re looking for a self-starter who is analytical and articulate, organised and detail-orientated, focused, confident and ambitious. They should be both a ‘thinker’ and a ‘doer’, able to liaise with and provide intelligent consultancy to clients alongside managing often-complex projects with multiple moving parts.
- Building and maintaining client relationships (including Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer level executives)
- Receiving client briefs and subsequently briefing internal, or external, agency teams
- Selecting, briefing and managing third party agency partners and suppliers (media, content and digital agencies, printers, photographers, artist agents)
- Contributing to strategic and creative reviews and the development of solutions
- Preparing and delivering strategic and creative presentations to clients and prospects
- Project and inter-agency management, preparing and overseeing production schedules and budgets to deliver on-time, on-budget
- Assisting creative teams in sourcing key creative assets
- Creative copy writing
- Research and insight generation to inform strategies and creative solutions
- Owning administrative aspect of accounts: status reports, contact reports, running Key Projects meetings
- Client liaison at all stages of a project
- Problem solving and trouble-shooting
- Quality control, ensuring deliverables are of the highest standard