Posted on 11 October 2017
Chief Operating Officer at Makerversity LTDMakerversity is Europe’s most iconic and high-profile workspace and maker community. We are a company founded by ideas people. After 5 years many of those ideas are becoming a reality and we are looking for an experienced, strategic and analytical COO to oversee our organisation’s ongoing operations and new commercial opportunities, including many in an embryonic or emergent state. As our offer worldwide grows, group oversight is becoming more and more important. You will be responsible for the efficiency of business, a lynchpin around which our site or city-based directors operate whilst being able to sense check and deliver new commercial opportunities.
The COO role is a key member of the senior management team. You will be in charge of developing the business as a whole, in line with the creative and strategic objectives set by the board. You’ll maintain control and oversight of diverse business operations whilst being able to sense check and deliver new commercial opportunities. We expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent business and financial acumen, people skills, understand and embrace the pressures, challenges and joys(!) of working within a growing startup, we’d like to meet you.
In this role you will:
- Provide strategic oversight and ensure we are aligned with our long term plans
- Be responsible for all ongoing business activity
- Work closely with Directors to grow and deliver profitable sites
- Own group level contracts and legal conversations
- Report group updates to Creative Directors / Board
- Identify viable commercial opportunities for Makerversity Group
- Lead the development and growth of profitable new business streams
- Oversee and measure our social impact while ensuring profitability