Posted on 11 October 2017
Furniture Designer at LoafWe are looking for a furniture designer oozing with inspiration! You will be responsible for developing and designing across all Loaf products, as part of a small but perfectly formed team.
- Design development including new product concepts and supporting hand sketches across upholstery and cabinetry, alongside Head of Design and Buying.
- Autonomous production of detailed drawings to the highest standard using AutoCAD.
- Creating 3D renders using 3ds Max.
- Liaising with suppliers and capturing development notes to ensure work is being made as specified, with potential for supplier visits within Europe and the Far East.
- Creating assembly instructions.
- Supporting internal teams on ad hoc design queries.
Skills and Experience Required:
- A keen creative eye with a passion for furniture and design.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a design team producing detailed drawings of upholstery and/or cabinetry using AutoCAD and 3ds Max, seeing products through from conception to production.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- A good understanding of furniture production methods and materials and the UK furniture market.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A determination for developing high-quality products.
- Maintaining a high level of consistency with quality of work.
- Good organisational skills.
- Self-motivating with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
How to ApplyExpect a forward-thinking, friendly bunch committed to building a wicked company with brilliant people.
If you think you fit the bill then apply now with your portfolio, a covering letter explaining why you are the perfect Loafer and a copy of your CV to email@example.com with subject title DESIGNIYC.