Posted on 30 October 2017
Editor at Don't Panic OnlineThe company: Bafta-winning Shoreditch-based creative agency Don’t Panic seeks an editor to run its longstanding culture website, Don’t Panic Online.
The role entails:
– Sourcing, creating and uploading content for Don’t Panic Online on a daily basis
– Managing Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts, engaging followers and growing the audience
– Responding to and building relationships with PRs, for opportunities including competitions, branded content, events, and much more
– Playing a decisive role in Don’t Panic Online’s redesign and editorial refocus
– Managing existing contributors and seeking out new contributors
– Editing the Don’t Panic Zine, the follow up to our Don’t Panic Packs
– Ad hoc tasks as and when requested
Essential skills and qualities:
– Experience working as a staff writer or editor
– A confident, versatile writer and editor who can create content in line with Don’t Panic Online’s witty and insightful editorial voice
– A strong knowledge and interest in Don’t Panic Online’s key themes, namely politics, social issues, art and culture
– Experience in successfully managing social media accounts
– Able to effectively communicate with colleagues, PRs and more
– Experience in uploading content via CMS
Desired but not essential:
– Photo editing
How to ApplyAll CVs are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter explaining why you are suited to the role and an up-to-date portfolio provided.
Start date: ASAP.