Posted on 30 October 2017
Video Editor at Kyra TVKyra TV is a new age TV channel setting the bar for the highest quality of content out there. Our social channels have reached over 250,000 followers since launch in February this year and both our flagship show, PAQ, and our newest show Greatness, have become international phenomenons. The next few months are set to be huge as we continue to expand the PAQ and Greatness franchises and launch our third, highly anticipated show onto the channel.
We are a community of filmmakers, editors, producers and creatives who specialise in creating premium digital-video. We create content that people genuinely care about and engage with. They are true fans - they tune in every week and engage with us across multiple platforms.
We have a vision and we work hard to bring that vision to life and make it a reality.
Role and responsibilities:
- Transcode, ingest and prep incoming projects by syncing and organizing footage in Adobe Premiere
- Responsible for logging, archiving, organizing footage and other various tasks related to production
- Prep final elements for delivery to third-party vendors for sound mix and color correction
- Edit a wide range of videos and formats both unscripted and scripted, unbranded and branded.
- Quickly assemble edits and implement notes from creatives, producers and clients.
- Must have great communication skills and be able to receive critical feedback in a small team environment.
- Proactively experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions and styles.
- Work to tight deadlines of hours instead of days.
- Ensure all shots and music tracks are licensed and cleared for use.
- Adhering to Kyra’s very recognisable edit style / look and feel.
- At times you will be asked to edit together trailers from films that other editors have made.
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient and quick video editor in Adobe Premier Pro
- Ability to adapt quickly and easily to changes in production plan / schedules
- Must be meticulous, technical, organized, and creative at the same time
- Knowledge of digital media including codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates and the latest digital workflows
- The following skills are huge bonuses:
- Knowledge of After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Motion graphics and titling experience
- Understanding of basic color correction and sound design & mixing within Premiere
- Being able to shoot and operate a camera
- 2+ years experience working as an editor in a fast paced professional environment
- Demonstrable passion and enthusiasm for creating incredible content
- Keen work ethic and desire to keep Kyra at the top.
- Have experience and a passion for narrative content, digital formats and platforms and is used to thinking outside the box.
- An understanding of the Kyra culture and brand is essential. We have a unique identity that makes us stand out from the rest of the new-age media publishers. You will be able to embody who Kyra is.
- You will need to have an understanding of how brands operate and have an insight into the wider media and online content landscape.
- You should have a general knowledge of and passion in a wide range of cultural verticals.