Posted on 30 October 2017
Director of Photography at Kyra TVKyra TV is a new age TV channel setting the bar for the highest quality of content out there. Our social channels have reached over 250,000 followers since launch in February this year and both our flagship show, PAQ, and our newest show Greatness, have become international phenomenons. The next few months are set to be huge as we continue to expand the PAQ and Greatness franchises and launch our third, highly anticipated show onto the channel.
We are a community of filmmakers, editors, producers and creatives who specialise in creating premium digital-video. We create content that people genuinely care about and engage with. They are true fans - they tune in every week and engage with us across multiple platforms.
We have a vision and we work hard to bring that vision to life and make it a reality.
The role & responsibilities:
- Be instrumental in deciding on how to interpret the script and make cinematic style and tone decisions.
- You will be expected to film in various capacities.
- Be required to play a full and active part in the growth and development of Kyra’s slate and play a key part in developing franchises for the channel.
- Take films from concept through to the edit and delivery with an eye on industry standards.
- Work directly with the Director and creative team to draw up detailed shot lists (and storyboards at times) for the Producer to work from.
- Work closely with the Producer to work out exactly what kit and crew will be required for each shoot (camera and lighting)
- Work closely with the editors and colourists throughout the entire post-production process to ensure your original vision has been executed to your standard.
- Have a passion for visual storytelling and be great with characters and talent.
- Have a proven track record in self-directing on small shoots and contributor recces to a good technical and editorial standard.
- Have a clear understanding of what is needed to create visually exciting, commercially sound and editorially-driven long form content.
- Have a very deep knowledge of cameras, composition, lighting, and film history to help shape the visual aesthetic of each show on the platform.
- A demonstrable understanding of camera kit (A7S, FS7 or similar) and know how to deliver logged materials to post.
- A passion for innovation - you will work with the director to come up with interesting new tools and tricks to keep our content fresh and exciting.
- Ability to come up with creative ways to achieve visual objectives while keeping budget expectations in mind.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a relevant role
- An understanding of the Kyra culture and brand is essential. We have a unique identity that makes us stand out from the rest of the new-age media publishers. You will be able to embody who Kyra is and convey that to our partners.
- You will need to have an understanding of how brands operate and have an insight into the wider media and online content landscape.
- You should have a general knowledge of and passion in a wide range of cultural verticals.