Posted on 31 October 2017
Production Assistant at Kyra TVKyra TV is a new age TV channel setting the bar for the highest quality of content out there. Our social channels have reached over 250,000 followers since launch in February this year and both our flagship show, PAQ, and our newest show Greatness, have become international phenomenons. The next few months are set to be huge as we continue to expand the PAQ and Greatness franchises and launch our third, highly anticipated show onto the channel.
We are a community of filmmakers, editors, producers and creatives who specialise in creating premium digital-video. We create content that people genuinely care about and engage with. They are true fans - they tune in every week and engage with us across multiple platforms.
We have a vision and we work hard to bring that vision to life and make it a reality.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Support the Producers across all three shows throughout the entire process - from pitch budgeting and pre-production through to production, editing and delivery.
- Manage small shoots by yourself and be responsible for budgets of up to £10,000, shoot schedules and all elements of the production as a whole.
- Liaise and work closely with our in-house talent manager to ensure all talent are booked and briefed properly for shoots.
- At times you will be working closely with the creative team to come up with episode narratives. You will then execute these to the highest quality for the lowest budget possible.
- Ensure effective and accurate flow of information across all relevant departments.
- Complete risk assessments prior to film shoots and coordinate contributor release documentation, insurance indemnities and maintain records.
- Work with Head of Production and Finance team to ensure project budgets are managed effectively and responsibly. This includes cross-referencing invoices and ensuring payments are -made.
- Co-ordinate the studio bookings schedule in conjunction with the Producers and Production Manager.
- Handle YouTube uploads and administrative tasks.
- Assist with other parts of the process such as casting and research.
- You have a knowledge of production and the basic processes that go into it.
- You’re a real hustler and fierce negotiator. Our production budgets are often tight which means you need to go above and beyond to keep costs low.
- You are a people person. Although you may not have a huge black book of contacts when you start, you forge strong relationships with suppliers and partners.
- You’re able to work under very tight deadlines.
- Preferably have a basic understanding of production crews, cameras, lighting, sound equipment and editing softwares.
- Being technically minded and able to troubleshoot your own problems would be advantageous.
- Ability to keep a cool head under pressure, and work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt to last-minute changes in schedules and plans.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a relevant role
- An understanding of the Kyra culture and brand is essential. We have a unique identity that makes us stand out from the rest of the new-age media publishers. You will be able to embody who - Kyra is and convey that to our partners.
- You will need to have an understanding of how brands operate and have an insight into the wider media and online content landscape.
- You should have a general knowledge of and passion in a wide range of cultural verticals.
- On-set experience is a huge bonus.