Posted on 31 October 2017
Graphic Designer at Creative RecruitmentREF: DG134799
This is an opportunity for a middleweight Graphic Designer to join the creative team within an awarding winning online retailer in their friendly, busy studio location in London.
This long standing and highly successful company have been around for decades and continue to grow, designing a range of uniquely desirable and award-winning products which are sold exclusively online and through mail order catalogues.
Within this role you would be responsible for the design & production of seasonal mail order catalogues along with occasional design for website and email channels
The ideal candidate will have a creative conceptual eye for design, with a portfolio showcasing a contemporary design aesthetic with a passion for typography and clean layout.
The right candidate will have experience of the commercial aspect of design i.e. blending creativity and the promotional aspect of displaying products for sale in the most visually appealing way possible.
- Produce excellent designs and layouts for catalogues
- Manage the catalogue critical path, making sure correct workload is prioritised and deadlines met
- Be the main contact for all internal catalogue queries when related to design
- Liaise with external repro houses re catalogue proofs and queries
- Work closely with managers on pagination for all catalogues
- Maintain and ensure a consistency of design across all channels, according to brand guidelines
- Occasionally design emails, for website and adhoc creative projects
- Drive creative change to maintain quality and freshness to all visual material
- Excellent editorial, catalogue, mail order etc layout graphic design skills with a demonstrable creative flair
- Understanding of pre-press and print production
- Excellent technical skills in In-Design, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ideally some online creative experience for emails and website, but not essential
- A strong team player with excellent communication skills, and a positive attitude
- You should be highly organised, able to manage projects from concept to completion with efficiency and great attention to detail
- Able to react, adapt, cope under pressure and juggle multiple projects
- You should be self-motivated with the ability to manage your own workload and to deliver projects on time