Posted on 2 November 2017
Digital Design Lead at WundermanAs a Design Lead, you would be joining our award-winning department and supporting the Creative Directors in delivering a range of projects for our UK and Global clients.
Design Leads sit at the level of Design Directors within our structure here. As such they are integral to our process here at Wunderman and should be deeply committed in making sure the work we produce is usable, intuitive, intelligent, and enjoyable. Their responsibility is to own the visual direction for a selection of accounts, ensure the project teams are delivering the vision, recruit and hire more Junior members of staff as needed and work with the wider department to ensure we’re running smoothly and effectively.
- Supporting the Creative Directors in delivering a range of projects for our UK and Global clients
- Playing hands-on role: defining the brand, setting the visual direction, creating brand frameworks, designing templates, or working on atomic design, using prototype tools to bring micro-interactions to life, working with development on proof of concepts, helping to run workshops, presenting work and taking on board client feedback in sessions
- Acting as brand guardian on either a single large-scale global project, or for the visual direction over multiple smaller projects for a single client
- Line manager to more junior members of staff and provide mentorship to them where necessary
- 6+ years (or equivalent) experience in creating large scale responsive web builds, campaign microsites, and/or other experiences across integrated channels
- Solid knowledge of design processes, methodologies, accessibility standards and best practice principles.
- An understanding of user research, strategic insights, and business value in creating a brand
- Ability to scope projects, work with our Creative Services Manager to arrange resource, communicate with Project Managers about requirements, budget, resource, and presentations
- Ability to construct a presentation story to sell their vision, and articulate it simply for internal stakeholders or clients
- OSX literate, with familiarity of Sketch, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Invision/Marvel (or similar), PowerPoint and Keynote
- Branding agency or digital agency experience
- An awareness of, but not necessarily the implementation of, development techniques (e.g. jQuery, HTML5, CSS etc) to achieve creative vision
Wunderman is a global digital agency that combines marketing services, technology services and consulting to deliver best-in-class digital experiences for some of the world biggest brands. With more than 10,000 staff across 60 markets, Wunderman is the largest digital services unit within the WPP Group.
Our UK team - based in the heart of Camden – are a 300 strong group of diverse and talented people. Brilliant creatives get to work together with Data Analysts, Strategists, User Experience experts and Business Consultants working across the likes of BT, Shell, Coca-Cola, News UK, Microsoft, EY and GSK plus many more.
Wunderman actively believes a diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives help us create a better workplace for our employees, deliverables for our clients, and stronger experience for their end customers.Wunderman are an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or belief, colour, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability or any other protected classes