Posted on 3 November 2017
Bespoke Account Manager at Ohh Deer LtdWe're looking for a full-time Bespoke Account Manager to join our busy team in Loughborough, Leicestershire. You'll be responsible for finding and growing some of our key accounts who produce bespoke products and designs with Ohh Deer. Our clients include Urban Outfitters, ASOS, John Lewis, Topman and many other retailers, museums and galleries across the world.
The chosen candidate should have excellent sales skills and be highly organised and have a creative flair!
This role will be involved in all aspects of the business, so being able to multi-task and work with different departments is important.
Ohh Deer is a fast-growing company who specialise in Greetings and Stationery. You'll form part of a larger sales team and work closely with many departments including our creative and fulfillment teams.
To manage relationships with assigned trade customers ensuring customer satisfaction and profitability for the company. To find, manage and maintain leads to generate sales and increase company profitability. To work with the creative team and client to produce bespoke products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To proactively manage and promote the Company's products to a number of assigned trade customers through building relationships and ensuring that all trade accounts continue to grow.
- To help manage all aspects of the customers’ experience, from following up new business leads from marketing and PR activities to managing and developing relationships in order to maximise sales opportunities.
- To achieve sales targets and to help the company go above and beyond these targets as much as possible.
- To assist in the management of all trade sales processes and actively find new ways to improve current processes.
- To maintain regular dialogue with customers by making phone calls, sending emails and other written communication, visiting clients and attending tradeshows when required to help build relationships and maximise sales growth.
- To proactively manage the relationship with assigned trade customers to ensure that they are satisfied with the service and quality, and to help resolve any problems or complaints effectively and in a timely manner.
- To actively work with the in-house design team and customer to design and produce bespoke products for the customer, ensuring that maximum profitability is achieved and brand guidelines are followed.
- To liaise with suppliers, where required, to produce sample products for customers.
- To work with current suppliers and to assist the Purchasing Coordinator with sourcing new ones when required, to help produce profitable bespoke products for our customers.
- To negotiate with trade customers within authority levels and established guidelines, in order to secure profitable sales and to ensure customer satisfaction.
- To assist in ensuring that invoices and other administrative duties, including order processing and returns are accurately completed in a timely manner.
- To assist in ensuring that customer invoices are paid within the agreed credit limits, liaising with the company credit controllers when required.
- To work with the Purchasing Coordinator to ensure sold and forecasted stock is available.
- To work with the Operations and Fulfilment teams to ensure that orders are fulfilled to customer expectations and timescales.
- To regularly present sales reports and presentations to the management team and directors, to assist planning and forecasting.
- To contribute to process and systems development, through making suggestions and recommendations to the directors, in order to assist in the growth and success of the Company.
- To assist colleagues and to support the Company generally, through undertaking additional duties and tasks from time to time as and when required.
- A degree and/or relevant experience in sales
- A degree and/or relevant experience in design or product design.
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- Experience of working in sales
- Experience of managing customer accounts
- Experience of producing sales reports and presentations
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Word and Excel to a good standard
- Experience of using the Adobe suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Experience of working in a small business
Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a team player
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to prioritise and to manage time effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organised
- Negotiation skills
- Creative skills
- Ability to work flexibly and to adapt to the needs of a small business