Posted on 6 November 2017
User Researcher at Founders FactoryFounders Factory creates entirely new businesses from scratch. Often the requirements for a new business are ambiguous, so as our User Researcher, you'll be working directly with our Head of Product Concepts to represent the needs of the user from the earliest stages of the product development process.
By coordinating with the broader team and stakeholders from our corporate partners through ideation sessions, workshops, and co-production exercises, you will be involved in the building of each business that comes out of the incubator.
The ideal candidate will have a curious and analytical mind and is eager to understand the conditions that make for successful products and business models. We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, early stage startup environment and subscribe to lean methodologies and principles of product development.
As our User Researcher, you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Facilitate workshops with corporate partners and other key stakeholders
- Conduct early stage qualitative research in each of the six sectors using methods such as, ethnographic studies, diary studies, qualitative interviews, and experience mapping
- Test early stage prototypes through usability sessions
- Delivery of insight to assist our internal teams to understanding new technology trends and a look into disruptive business models
- Ability to help us build out our toolkit to make discovering new business opportunities more efficient
As our User Researcher, you possess the following skills and competencies:
- 2+ years of applied product research
- Background in social science preferred (anthropology, sociology, psychology, HCI, etc.)
- Product intuition - you’ve got the “spidey-sense” and know what makes a great product. Although, you're not always right, your instincts usually point in the right direction.
- Strong communication skills - you’ll be sharing the results of analyses, and discussing technical trends, with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Quick to understand, analyse and judge new business models
- Thrive in uncertainty - ideally in an agency business and/or startup environment. We are looking for self starters who can quickly take responsibility
- Founders Factory is unlike anything else, here we shape entire businesses from conception through to finished product.
- Join a highly motivated, energetic team who will push you to incredible heights. Yes, we're offering a competitive salary, however it's the work environment that's unique.
- We provide all the excitement and freedom of an early-stage startup but with the stability and resources of a large organisation.
- This is a remarkable chance to grow your career, with options for contributing to an ambitious team and getting in on the ground-floor of the next high-growth startup... whatever that might be!
- Come join our world class team of thinkers and creators