Posted on 7 November 2017
Graphic Designer at MousMous set out to make the worlds best iPhone case; extraordinarily protective yet stylish, slim and functional.
We created a globally recognised crowd-funding campaign that raised over $2 million and we now ship to over 150 different countries around the world. The team has grown from 3 to 15 (in London) but we still act like mates that are trying to take over the world. We're not corporate and we don't want to be. We are making Mous a success through being fast pace, positive, honest, working bloody hard, not too precious, learning, being bold, staying true to who we are and what our brand is about.
We are at a stage now where we need to grow our creative team. We need to seriously develop and optimise the website and prepare for marketing all our new products next year.
- Support Lucy, our Creative Director and Co-founder to build the Mous brand into a globally recognised and LOVED brand.
- Design new pages for the website (we use Sketch - if you haven't used this already it's very simple to learn)
- Create assets for new products, i.e. photography, illustrations
- Come up with creative ideas for packaging designs (taking into account business intentions - i.e. do we need to stand out in retail or be innovative about cutting costs?)
- Think about how our brand can be reflected in the products we design
- Create assets for digital adverts
- Help the commercial team to understand and use the brand (i.e. creating branded sales decks etc)
- Ideas for new marketing content to make sales and push brand recognition
- Creating content for social media and helping to grow this area of the business
- Copy writing - being good with words so you can help with PR and social media
You'll need to want more than being a graphic designer. We need someone who is quite entrepreneurial, who can see the bigger picture and also self drive themselves and the business forward.
- An excellent designer with experience in cross platform design
- An understanding of branding and identity and working closely to pre-defined guidelines
- Able to understand and reflect the Mous personality and tone of voice
- Strong understanding of digital platforms and design for web
- Strong understanding of design for print and artworking
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to think commercially
- A good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc
- Experience in Sketch or whiling to learn