Posted on 7 November 2017
Business Development Director at W12 StudiosAt W12 Studios we’re seeking a Business Development Director…
W12 Studios is a looking for an experienced Business Development Director with a proven track record to generate, qualify and manage leads in Europe and North America. You must have in-depth industry knowledge in the media and entertainment industry and the ability to define and scope projects based on data gathered from multiple touch points.
As the Business Development Director you will need to grow the business by building cast-iron client relationships and winning business. Creating the conditions for great work that delivers transformational success for our clients and for the agency.
As a Business Development Director at W12 Studios you will be expected to:
• Deeply understand the client’s business model. Know how it is performing. Know what market they are in. Know their products inside out. Know their competitive threats. Know what success looks like for the clients themselves. Apply this knowledge to every project
• Build strong client relationships as a trusted advisor. Be an unparalleled business partner applying insight with honesty and openness. Deepen the relationship to ensure retention and growth. Work with clients to help them get the best out of us
• Be responsible for identifying new business opportunities and converting prospective leads into successful accounts
• Identify the correct prospects, gauge levels of interest and qualify budgets
• Own the RFP responses ensuring you have the team to support delivery
• Give clients compelling business reasons to buy the work. Know the latest business context. Ensure presentations are flawless and attuned to the way each client works. Deliver them with gravitas and charisma
• Be proud to be commercial. Use account plans to stimulate and track future work. Know the target margin on each account and ensure that it is met. Improve client satisfaction to expand existing revenue streams and build new ones
• Generate comprehensive and visually compelling proposals that address clients’ requirements
• Create W12 Studios’ best practice approach to Business Development
Key Skills and experience required of the role:
• 5+ years of Business Development Experience (Digital, Product, Strategy and Brand Services)
• Proven track record winning new and growing existing client accounts
• Strong creative writing and proposal development skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to work well independently and with creative teams
• Highly motivated, collaborative and entrepreneurial
• A digital ‘native’ with knowledge of all existing and emerging digital channels
• Excellent communication & organisation skills
• Strong ethos to deliver innovative, creative solutions that have the client’s needs at the heart
• A passion for emerging technologies, devices and digital products with a focus on user-centric design
• Manage workshops and client meetings, e.g. agendas, summaries, actions
• Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Adobe InDesign and Keynote software skills
• Ability to communicate with authority, with good negotiation and influencing skills
• Experience working with distributed teams and client stakeholders across multiple territories
A little bit about W12 Studios…
W12 Studios is a digital product design agency, founded in 2012 and based in London.
We focus our work on new and emerging platforms, exploring how data and technology can help build a richer experience of media, entertainment and sport. Over the past 5 years we have grown considerably to form a strong team and together we have become a strategic design partner to some of the leading brands across Europe and North America.
At W12 Studios we’re more than just Product Designers… We’re explorers, experimenters and inventors.
Able to influence products at the highest level, delivering strategic ideas consistently from inception to launch. We help our clients understand the context of their products, create a compelling vision for them and make them real.
Through our proven collaboration process, we define, design and prototype products across multiple platforms. Encouraging experimentation and out of the box thinking, we believe great ideas can come from anyone, anywhere, at any time.
We collaborate and provoke, seeking inspiration from the unknown, the difficult, and the ambiguous. Ultimately through technology, we bring people closer to the brands they love.