Posted on 8 November 2017
Junior Designer at Impero DesignHello, we’re Impero.
We’re an independent, award-winning, creative agency that’s sole purpose is to make tired brands famous again.
We’re multi-disciplined but our hearts lie in digital. We work with high profile brands such as Beefeater Gin, Primark, Lindt Chocolate, The O2, 7Up and a bunch of others.
Right now, there’s about 30 of us…
We’d love to meet people who want to be part of and help drive that growth.
A junior digital designer’s main role is to support the design team. A junior, above anything else, should be a team player — someone who is eager to design everything, whether it’s a website or a Keynote presentation. Part of the learning process and the route towards losing the ‘junior’ title is getting a hand in every part of the agencies design duties. Juniors will work on everything from banners and social content to being a part of big pitches, branding, websites and attending photoshoots.
Juniors will work under senior team members. They will also need to work closely with our creatives and project managers. Their role is to execute all requests made of them with enthusiasm, speed and reliability, demonstrating great attention to detail, total trustworthiness and initiative. This is a process of learning by doing, but also observing and assimilating the very best practice of their seniors.
Most importantly, you must have the same drive as the rest of our team to push Impero to continue to make award winning work. You must be talented, ambitious and driven.
Your goals for year one:
Work on one project that will win a web award/accolade.
Learn one new design-related skill.
Create three Instagram posts for Impero’s Instagram every month.
The type of people we want to meet:
If you live and breath digital and design, we want to meet you. But above all, you must embody our core values and fit within our culture. We want to meet you if you…
… have 1-2 years agency experience.
… are able to easily understand a brief and take initiative to ask questions when needed.
… have great digital design skills and a thousand unique styles and ideas tucked away.
… have a strong understanding of design trends and how to harness them.
… have good communication skills.
… are able to problem solve and bring solutions to the table.
… are proactive and committed to developing your own knowledge and skills.
… are enthusiastic and unafraid to roll up your sleeves and muck in.
… are organised and self-disciplined, with an ability to multi-task and consistently hit deadlines.
… are driven, motivated and have meticulous attention to detail.
… have a can do attitude and a bit of the ol’ entrepreneurial spirit.
… are interested in being involved in the growth of the business as a whole.
The perks of working at The Mighty Impero include:
- To be part of something special – this is an exciting growing agency with no board of directors, or shareholders to report to.
- The ability to stamp your mark on an organization – and not just be a cog in the machine.
- Free snacks and your choice of TWO coffee machines (yes, two, we know!)
- Monthly breakfasts with the whole team
- Seasonal company parties
- Annual personal development plan and training budget for your own growth
- Opportunity to pitch your own projects to the our Impero Creative Council for dedicated time and resources to work on projects outside your immediate scope.
- The love of six rotating office dogs.
- A ‘yes work’s important, but let’s not get too serious’ vibe
- A distinct lack of bureaucracy or politics
- Ownership over your own projects whilst enjoying an inclusive environment.
- The future opportunity to possibly work in our other offices (Buenos Aires and very soon The World)
- Beer. Wine. Gin. Whiskey. Chocolate. (Working with our clients has added perks).
How to ApplyIf you feel this is the role for you, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org with Junior Designer as the subject line. Don’t forget to include your salary expectations.
NO Agencies please – we already work with loads.
We receive so many wonderful applications that we can’t respond to everyone so thank you in advance for your application.