Posted on 14 November 2017
Design Lead, Presentations at MXW Studios LimitedMXW is an independent design studio specialising in marketing strategy and creative communications for the entertainment industry.
Our client roster includes Disney, Universal, Sony, Turner, Warner Bros., Merlin and Madame Tussauds and we are privileged to work across a wide range of their globally renowned brands.
We are looking for a new member of our energetic team to build the graphic design capabilities within MXW, focusing primarily on the creation of high-end presentation materials.
This is a unique role as there are a blend of skills required.
The position requires someone who loves producing amazing presentations.
Someone who knows the ins-and-outs of PowerPoint and Keynote and enjoys pushing the boundaries of this software to deliver best-in-class, on-screen storytelling.
The candidate needs to have passion and creative flair to transform blank slides into transformative presentations that inspire and excite our clients’ audiences.
The right person for this position will need to develop tailored creative that captures the spirit, tonality and voice of renowned brands, films and experiences. At MXW acting as a brand custodian is just as important as having curiosity and desire to develop fresh concepts.
Critical to this role is the ability to be a visual problem solver. Our ideal candidate will understand how to dissect content, identify salient elements and hierarchy to create layouts in the most impactful, imaginative and innovative way. Attention to detail is essential.
Whether a quick turnaround template, a large-scale tradeshow or a high-end bespoke pitch, we require an exceptional level of visual communication and quality of finish.
In addition to strong layout and typography skills, the Design Lead needs to be able to create supporting visuals including photo-real mock-ups, photo retouching and image manipulation.
Experience with creating marketing collateral is vital too; from brochures to HTML invites, event branding to mood boards.
The role necessitates a close working relationship with our clients; taking briefs and feedback, translating it to project/team deliverables, leading & overseeing the design team and presenting work back to the client.
We are looking for someone who is hands-on and can work independently as well as being a confident project manager, able to manage a team of junior to mid-weight designers.
This unique fusion of strategic thinking, visual creativity and layout excellence commands a designer with an outstanding design ethos and strong leadership skills.
Desired proficiencies and experience
- Proactively independent and seeks solutions to challenges
- Has the aptitude to make well thought-out, autonomous creative decisions
- Strong communication skills with both clients and members of the team
- Has a can-do, positive attitude
- Inspire, nurture and mentor junior members of the design team responsible for their growth & development
- Keeps up to date with trends and enjoys sharing with the wider team
- Motivated to balance priority projects whilst working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in the entertainment sector is advantageous
- Strong sense of accountability and who takes pride in their work
- A love of film
Pre-requisites of the role
- Fluency in PowerPoint and Keynote
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop)
- The use of After Effects is desirable
- Expert Apple Mac user and be able to work on a PC
- Expert user of Microsoft Office
- 2:1 or higher Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Branding or Design
- Experience working in an international design agency
- Based in London and eligible to work in the UK
How to ApplyIf this sounds like you, then please email your CV and portfolio highlighting all relevant experience to:
No agencies please.