Posted on 20 November 2017
Mid-weight Digital Project Manager at Beyond Words StudioBeyond Words Studio is on the lookout for a full-time, mid-weight digital project manager.
We’re passionate about helping people understand data by creating compelling stories and data visualizations.
We bring together journalists, researchers, designers, developers and animators to solve complex problems and create inspiring visualizations. Our clients range from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Google to the UN and PwC.
We’re looking for someone who is highly motivated, super-organised with a strong attention to detail. Someone who is interested in modern technologies and digital products. Someone who loves working on a broad range of unique, interesting and thought-provoking projects. Someone who loves working in a tight-knit, collaborative team to solve complex problems by producing simple and engaging user experiences. Someone who takes pride in producing the highest quality work.
You will be responsible for:
- The delivery and smooth running of client projects
- The organisation of Design, Editorial and development teams
- Estimating, scoping and timings for projects
- Ensuring the studio project process is followed and giving input to improve it where necessary
- Project progress tracking, to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery
- Creating and owning key project documentation (Statements of work, tech specs, project plans, etc)
- Managing and mitigating project risks
- Maintaining project direction and ensuring the highest quality standards
- Day-to-day client communication on projects, making sure they are happy and informed at all times
- Liaising with third-party suppliers and partners
- 3-4 years experience in a creative, digital environment
- Experienced in the end-to-end delivery of digital and design projects
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams, including designers, developers, editors, animators, etc
- Great digital knowledge and a passion for technology
- Hands-on experience with Agile project management methodologies (ideally Scrum)
- Super-organised and excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Great eye for detail
- Positive attitude and an ‘all hands on deck’ approach when needed
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of Google Apps, Slack, Trello, Harvest, Smartsheets
- An understanding of or interest in the data visualization/information design industry
- Certified Scrum Master
- As a studio we want to nurture talent, so we encourage and support people with training courses, lectures and workshops
- Studio socials and trips
- Working with a close-knit team of very nice and very talented people
- Competitive salary, pension, holiday allowance and more!
How to ApplyTo apply please send your CV and some brief words as to why you fit the bill to [email protected].
Help us spot your email, make the subject line ‘Project Manager’ – [Your Name]