Posted on 26 November 2017
Studio Assistant at Sutherland LabsSutherland Labs is a global team of researchers and designers who work with leading brands to improve everyday experiences. We are seeking a Studio Assistant to provide front of house and support the day-to-day operations within our London offices. Part of a global organization, the Sutherland Labs space in London is multi functional – housing research, meeting and innovation spaces, that serve both internal and external markets.
The Studio Assistant is a varied, hands-on and client facing role. Our London office is a busy environment, home to a growing team of psychologists, anthropologists, ethnographers, designers and filmmakers, and is also a thriving research facility housing studios and meeting rooms.
This role reports to the Studio Manager, and is a key part of the studio and operations team. We host a varied range of clients and members of the public taking part in research. Customer experience is key to the success of our company and we are seeking a personable and approachable candidate to be the first point of contact for customers.
- Ensuring the smooth day-to-day operation of the studios by maintaining a creative and professional atmosphere at all times whilst accommodating the specific setup requirements of each client.
- Scheduling of the meeting rooms and providing support for meetings.
- Looking after the day-to-day maintenance of the building and making sure any problems are solved quickly.
- Stock control, ordering of studio, office and catering supplies.
- Admin support including invoicing and maintaining our CRM systems
- Developing and maintaining relationships with existing clients through excellent client service.
- Liaising with the Technology Manager prior to research sessions to make sure client requirements can be accommodated.
- Handling petty cash and incentive payments for research participants and signing in participants.
- Hosting duties:Putting the clients needs first, making sure the meeting rooms are fully stocked e.g. fridges, coffee stations.Serving client lunches and meeting & greeting clients and participants.
The right candidate will be:
- Comfortable with AV and PC set ups.
- Patient and adaptable, each day will bring new projects and a wide range of corporate & creative clients to our labs and all need to feel welcome in our labs.
- Comfortable with opening/closing the office when required.
- Flexible with working hours.
- Attentive to the little details that make for a great customer experience.
- Outgoing personality & a can-do attitude.
- Able to reflect our laid back style whilst also having a keen eye for detail.
This role is a great position for someone looking to be part of a busy and vibrant workplace. Reliability and personality are the key and everyday brings a new client from a range of industries.
- Experience in hospitality or relevant experience in a customer facing role.
- Degree level or equivalent
8.30am – 5:30pm (flexibility required, occasionally needed to start at 7am or finish at 11pm however, we do operate a time owed in leave policy). This role is Full time, permanent.