Posted on 27 November 2017
Digital Designer at The Developer SocietyAre you:
- A brilliant digital designer?
- Motivated to make the world a better place?
- Excited by new technology?
- Eager to keep on learning?
- A great communicator?
We’re a not-for-profit co-op filled with digital designers, developers and campaigners, wielding our skills for big names like ActionAid, The Elders, Help Refugees (Choose Love), Macmillan, Oxfam, Save the Children and The Syria Campaign.
If you are looking for a chance to use your considerable skill in creating ultra-clean, typographically-beautiful user interfaces for websites and web apps to make the world a better place, we’d love to hear from you. With your strengths and your eye for pixel precision, we will look to you to create great results. Were looking for a proactive self-starter; a problem solver who is able to resolve issues as they arrive, but also knows when to raise a hand for help; and someone who is able to see through complex problems to elegant solutions.
Location: Fazeley Studios, Digbeth, Birmingham. We also support remote workers.
- A varied portfolio of work with a proven track record in designing brilliant user interfaces
- An eagerness to work closely with front-end and back-end developers
- A love of great typography
- Able to apply existing brands and create new ones
- A good knowledge and understanding of Information Architecture principles
- The ability to weave consistent design languages within multifaceted projects
- A strong mobile-first approach to design
- Animation experience is a bonus
- Team work environments
- Attention to detail
- Online typography
- Responsive design
- Pushing the boundaries of creativity, both personally and within a team
- Changing the world
- Competitive pay
- The opportunity to work with our world-leading charities to change the world
- Flexible paid leave
- A workplace that is both fun and supportive
- Great hardware
- Optional membership of the Developer Society co-op, giving you democratic input into the running of our organisation, including electing representatives and voting rights. This is something that sets us apart.
How to ApplySend us your cover letter, CV and some amazing examples of your recent digital work. Some live, device-friendly examples of sites you’ve been responsible for designing is a must.
If what you send us meets with our approval, we’ll quickly arrange a meeting with you to chat about our opportunities.
Apply to: [email protected]
We have no involvement with emailing or cold calling agencies, so if you’re one, please don’t get in touch. If we change our minds one day, we’ll let you know.