Posted on 27 November 2017
Graphic Designer at Hali Publications LimitedHali Publications Ltd (HPL) is the world’s leading publisher for carpets and textiles with an unequalled reputation and expertise built over thirty-five years of publishing. We produce two quality magazines - HALI and COVER - each published quarterly. Alongside these titles we design books, catalogues and marketing materials.
We are looking for an experienced, talented and passionate graphic designer.
The graphic designer’s primary task is to design compelling layouts for both HALI and COVER following the magazines’ style guidelines. The successful candidate will also take responsibility for the design and production of all promotional materials including brochures (print and digital formats), flyers and postcards, pop-up exhibition stands/ banners, large-format posters, 3D visual mock-ups of exhibition spaces, PowerPoint presentations and any other graphic-related marketing materials required. The designer must thrive on working to strict production deadlines and be able to work as a team with the lead designer and our editorial team.
You need to have:
- A keen interest in current design trends and a passion for typography and magazine and book design.
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative when needed.
- Experience of applying visual and typographic creativity to set frameworks. You should be able to adapt your designs, working closely with the editorial team to create interesting and dynamic layouts, and the advertising team to design customer adverts.
- Good knowledge of print production from image checking, preparation and colour correction to passing the magazine on press.
- Excellent knowledge of the following software: Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator and Acrobat. Basic knowledge of Sketch-up and Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint. An understanding of QuarkXpress would also be useful to access archive material.
- A background including some website and e-newsletter bulletin development would be an advantage, as would a basic knowledge of HTML and Mailchimp.
- At least 1-3 years relevant experience.
Start date January 2018.