Posted on 28 November 2017
Project Manager at TCO LondonEstablished in 2006, our agency model leverages the insight and access that comes from our owned media channels, to connect brands with credible, premium narratives across youth culture and entertainment. Our own brands are the beating heart of the company:
Agency: Award-winning agency constantly looking for new ways to help the world’s most innovative brands tell compelling stories in digital, film, print, events and any other way imaginable.
Huck. Youth sub-cultures from around the world: Sitting at the centre of a switched-on community who crave original stories and quality journalism, we offer a unique lens for capturing scenes as they happen.
Little White Lies. Truth and Movies: Europe's largest and most beautiful premium film brand, offering unique and proudly independent journalism across cinema and TV. We connect the most engaged film audience to the movies they love.
71A. Events and Experiential: Our Shoreditch HQ houses our experiential arm. Events come to life in our gallery and cinema in London, but also around the world. We run over 45 brand events a year.
TCO seeks a talented and organised Project Manager who can help us to lead and deliver client projects on time, on budget and beyond our client's expectations. We work with some of the world's biggest and brightest brands across all media (video, print, editorial, photography, design) – who come to us for our inspiring creativity, professionalism and innovative approach to problem solving.
We operate with a service-first approach to client care, so excellent communication skills and a positive can-do attitude are essential. Likewise, the fast-paced nature of the agency requires the ability to multi-task, handle stress, manage expectations and work well alongside the rest of the team. In return, you will have the opportunity to work on interesting andground-breaking projects, take initiative and truly own your role, and also be a part of a growing, dynamic and friendly team at the forefront of youth culture.The role involves producing creative campaigns across a range of budgets and production genres. You will be responsible for realising projects and ideas, ensuring the vision and approach of each project is delivered within budget. You will be in charge of individual client relationship throughout this process and ultimately responsible for client approval, quality control and final delivery.
Must be able to demonstrate how you have managed and delivered different scales of projects as a Project Manager within the last 3 years, and the following:
- Strong understanding of branded content and the publishing industry. (Video experience a bonus but not a prerequisite).
- Multi-tasker. Proven ability to juggle multiple priorities, plan ahead and hit deadlines
- Client management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to express views clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Excellent negotiation skills essential.
- Strong production all-rounder with experience in budgeting, scheduling and producing print and digital campaigns.
- Ability to execute projects and ideas, ensuring the vision and approach is delivered within budget.
- Highly organised with faultless time-keeping and admin skills - ability to marshal resources to get things done.
- Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Able to manage complicated budgets and liaise with providers and stakeholders to get best value for both agency and client.
- Solid understanding of design (Indesign & Photoshop).
- Strong commercial awareness, budget management and production management skills.
- Creativity and problem solving. Ability to tackle challenges and seek out solutions.
- Excellent freelance crew contacts to call upon for different types/levels of production.
- Proven experience of managing crews and production teams, both creatively and managerially, motivating them to do their best work.
- A true passion to deliver outstanding results with excellent attention to detail.
- Producing (book crew, client liaison, managing production, scheduling, managing budgets and post-production) and delivery.
- Client liaison - either face-to-face, regular calls, emails - managing client approval processes.
- Liaising with key talent on fees, terms and contracts.
- Oversee the delivery of projects.
- Support Business Development by arranging creative treatments or production suggestions for future projects – either using in-house Creative and Editorial resources or sourcing ideas from our pool of freelancers.
- You will need to be across all scheduling, budgeting and reconciling after the shoots.
- For our retained clients, you will support the project with effective management of weekly meetings and providing regular reporting on the performance of our content.
Occasionally you will also:
- Support Business Development by attending pitches, PPM meetings and presentations with agencies and brands.
- Providing timely and accurate budgets and productions schedules for future projects.
- Grow the Freelance pool (finding, meeting and approving Directors, Producers, Production Managers).