Posted on 28 November 2017
Freelance Design Assistant at Urban OutfittersReports to Design Manager
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting in the design of a collection covering all apparel areas of womenswear.
- Researching and identifying latest key trends to inspire and develop new ranges, and to compliment and drive forward existing product lines
- Demonstrating a passion for the product and knowledge of how trends evolve using natural creative flair
- Trend research and analysis
- Working closely with buying and merchandising teams to source, present and select commercial ranges.
- Helping to developing an innovative and commercial range of fashion products to meet business requirements across the UK and Europe for stores and online
- Developing concepts to hand/CAD sketches to create CAD technical packs including measurement specifications and clear fabric and trim references
- Support the rest of the design team in CAD’ing up ranges to be handed over to send out to suppliers
- Ability to work under pressure within a fast paced environment to tight deadlines.Ability to confidently present research, sketches and samples
Required, knowledge and experience:
- The understanding of Urban as a trend maker and leader
- Portfolio should be very directional and demonstrate an ability to think outside the box.
- Creativity and style.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and adaptable to change
- Ability to present your ideas well, requiring a confident, can do attitude to your work.
- Excellent commercial acumen with the ability to identify new opportunities with exceptional communication and presentation skills at all levels.
- Proficient CAD – Illustrator/Photoshop skills.
- Ideally had some exposure in working with a global supply base
- A confident communicator, you will be very well organized.
- An enthusiastic person who has excellent self-initiative but is also a strong team player.
- Preferably with experience in a similar role.