Posted on 29 November 2017
Account Director at TCO LondonTCO is a fiercely independent agency and media owner, who makes premium content for millennial audiences. Established in 2006, our 'publisher-agency' model leverages the insight and access that comes from our owned media channels, to connect brands with credible, premium narratives across youth culture and entertainment. Our own brands are the beating heart of the company:
Agency: Award-winning agency constantly looking for new ways to help the world’s most innovative brands tell compelling stories in digital, film, print, events and any other way imaginable.
Huck. Youth sub-cultures from around the world: Sitting at the centre of a switched-on community who crave original stories and quality journalism, we offer a unique lens for capturing scenes as they happen.
Little White Lies. Truth and Movies: Europe's largest and most beautiful premium film brand, offering unique and proudly independent journalism across cinema and TV. We connect the most engaged film audience to the movies they love.
71A. Events and Experiential: Our Shoreditch HQ houses our experiential arm. Events come to life in our gallery and cinema in London, but also around the world. We run over 45 brand events a year.
Role purpose and dimensions:
TCO seeks a talented and ambitious Account Director who can help us to manager and grow current accounts and win new business. You will be credible, commercial and competent. We work with some of the world's biggest and brightest brands across all media (video, print, editorial, photography, design) – who come to us for our inspiring creativity, professionalism and innovative approach to problem solving. We operate with a service-first approach to client care, so excellent communication skills and a positive can-do attitude are essential. Likewise, the fast-paced nature of the agency requires the ability to multi-task, manage expectations and work well alongside the rest of the team. In return, you will have the opportunity to work on interesting and ground-breaking projects, take initiative and truly own your role, and also be a part of a growing, dynamic and friendly team. The role involves account managing existing clients, to retain and grow them in size, as well as winning new clients. You will be in charge of individual client relationships and ultimately responsible for client approval, quality control and final delivery. You will also have a contacts book to die for, which you can tap into for new business opportunities.
- Sales - formulating campaigns, arranging initial creds meetings, through to receiving a brief and pitching
- Track record of exceeding sales targets
- Proven client-facing skills - Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to present at a senior level
- Able to express views clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in fast-paced agency environment
- Knowledge of TCO London and its media properties
- Hold existing brand and agency relationships with senior decision makers
- Multi-tasker-proven ability to juggle multiple priorities, plan ahead and hit deadlines
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong account management skills with experience across film, print and digital campaigns
- Strong understanding of editorial branded content
- Ability to execute projects and ideas, ensuring the vision and approach is delivered
- Highly organised with faultless time-keeping and admin skills
- Credible presence on the phone and in person
- Ability to ask well thought out questions to understand what a client wants and why
- Creativity and problem solving. Ability to tackle challenges and seek out solutions
- A true passion to deliver outstanding results with excellent attention to detail
- Account manage clients
- Present to agencies and brands
- Build and maintain relationships
- Assist the team on pitches by helping to prepare decks
- Proactively sell into brands and agencies creating new business
- Work on content packages and display advertising
- Upsell the company and book meetings