Posted on 1 December 2017
Project Manager at OstmodernOstmodern are a mix of researchers, designers and technologists committed to designing, building and evolving the world’s best video-based consumer products. We work with massive broadcast and sports organisations, right down to tiny startups who can benefit from our expertise.
We hire people who know their craft, and love working alongside colleagues with varied skill-sets, backgrounds and viewpoints. Together, they solve difficult problems and deliver innovative, intuitive products that millions of people use every day.
We believe strongly in the power of empathy; working as a united team, learning what forces are driving and challenging clients, and understanding their audiences’ motivations and anxieties.
We are looking for a talented client facing project manager to join the team and work across a range of high profile clients. You will have robust day-to-day project management skills. Are able to form lasting, fruitful relationships, are passionate about what we do and have a proven track record of leading successful projects for high-profile clients.
Day to day, you will work closely with our project and commercial teams to plan work and shape projects into something that all parties are happy with. You will work hand-in-hand with a Product Owner and Scrum Master to ensure we meticulously and diligently deliver for clients, keeping the client involved and up to date, and the budgets on point.
To work with our clients, an understanding of the on-demand, TV broadcaster and digital content landscape, would be useful. It’s not essential though, and we’d rather help a gifted project manager learn on the job, rather than compromise on finding the best person for the role.
The key responsibilities that make up the project management function are:
- Deliver an excellent level of client service and consistently manage client expectations against key tasks and deliverables
- Set up and lead regular client meetings
- Manage and optimise client process and workflow for development and delivery throughout project lifecycles
- Identify and manage project risks and issues and be solutions and delivery focused.
- Create and own project documentation such as Statements of Work, RAG reports
- Manage project-related communications, e.g. organise/lead meetings, write agendas and minutes, status reports and follow up on next actions
- Create cost estimates, payment schedules and manage project milestones to time and budget
- Support the commercial development of client relationship
- Actively document project decisions, progress and agreements
A summary of the requirements for this role are:
- Actively document project decisions, progress and acceptance of deliverables
- Demonstrable experience as a Project Manager, Interactive Producer or similar
- Strong project management fundamentals in Agile methodologies, particularly Scrum
- Experience of managing time sensitive projects
- Experience managing client stakeholders and subcontractors
- Professional communicator with excellent written and verbal skills
- Highly organised, strong work ethic, powerful internal drive, and a commitment to achieving wins as a team
- Strong diplomacy and problem solving skills
- Passionate about our business and industry
- Be a strategic thinker and always offer a strategic understanding/articulation of client requirements
- Encourage best practices and have a very good eye for detail
- Experience in a digital production environment - eg. software development or website design and build
- Technically savvy
The below would also be beneficial:
- Background in product design would be ideal
- Working knowledge of Mac, Google Apps Suite, Target Process, Merlin, Trello
- Experience of TV, broadcast, sports or the film industry
How to ApplySend a covering note on why this is the job for you with your CV to Sarah - [email protected]
*No recruiters please.*