Posted on 4 December 2017
Mid-weight Print Designer at Simba SleepAt Simba, we do things differently, and we're here to turn the mattress world around.
We're on a mission to create the best night's sleep for everyone. We want to deliver on a promise to offer unparalleled simplicity and customer experience. Do you think you can help us on this mission?
Our story started with a single piece of thread and has grown exponentially since then. As our fierce growth plans show no sign of slowing, we are looking for a Midweight Print Designer to join the Design Team in our swanky new office in London Victoria.
We are looking for someone who is in love with design and has a can-do attitude and great attention to detail. No shrinking violets here!
We’re very much a start-up culture, so you’ll be diving straight into projects when you join. We are looking for someone with at least 2 years solid print experience.
You’ll be working alongside 2 digital designers and Video creator, reporting into the Design Lead.
What you’ll be working on:
- Beautifully crafted, premium packaging (unboxing experience)
- User experience (welcome packs etc)
- Retail collateral
- Print advertising
- In store POS
Skills that we’re looking for:
- Strong typography, colour, and layout
- Thinking outside of the box (literally!)
- Illustration skills highly desired
- Able to produce correct cutter guides
- Source paper stock and packaging finishes to suit the needs of the customer and our budget
- Ensure that packaging and print files are artworked as print-ready, making use of Adobe Cloud’s print production preflighting tools
- You'll need to be fluent in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat.
You will need to show evidence of both packaging and print work in your portfolio, showcasing your design thinking from the ideation phase, through concept development, on to the finished mock up.
- Health care & life assurance
- Brand new iMac to work on
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free mattress
- Breakfast/lunches/soft drinks/beer fridge (for afterhours consumption)