Posted on 4 December 2017
Mid-weight Graphic Designer at MousMous set out to make the worlds best iPhone case; extraordinarily protective yet stylish, slim and functional.
We created a globally recognised crowd-funding campaign that raised over $2 million and we now ship to over 150 different countries around the world. The team has grown from 3 to 15 (in London) but we still act like mates that are trying to take over the world. We are making Mous a success through being fast pace, positive, honest, working hard, learning, being bold, staying true to who we are and what our brand is about.
We are at a stage now where we need to grow our creative team. There is an exciting opportunity to enhance many areas of the business with great creative, brand and graphics knowledge. The key areas are brand, website, packaging/product, digital marketing, social media.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Support Lucy, our Creative Director and Co-founder to build the Mous brand into a globally recognised and loved brand.
- Push and develop our existing brand to make it richer and add to our brand world/assets.
- Develop and optimise our website
- Design new pages for the website (we use Sketch - if you haven't used this already it's very simple to learn)
- Design with good UI / UX in mind
- Collaborate well with our in-house developer
- Think about how our brand can be reflected in the products we design
- Create assets for new products, i.e. photography, illustrations
- Come up with creative ideas for packaging designs (taking into account business intentions - i.e. do we need to stand out in retail or be innovative about cutting costs?)
- Design and artwork beautifully bold packaging
- Collaborate with our team in China to manufacture it well
- Create assets for digital adverts - motion graphics, impactful banners, engaging copy
- Ideas for new marketing content to make sales and push brand recognition
- Help with production of big marketing shoots - we love an extreme stunt
- Creating content for social media and helping to grow this area of the business
- Writing engaging, fun copy for posts
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 2 years experience in the industry seeing projects through from ideation to artwork
- An excellent designer with experience in cross platform design
- An understanding of branding and identity and working closely to pre-defined guidelines
- Strong understanding of digital platforms and design for web
- Strong understanding of design for print and artworking
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to think commercially
- Self driven and passionate
- Able to understand and reflect the Mous personality and tone of voice
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc
- Experience in Sketch or whiling to learn