Posted on 5 December 2017
Graphic Designer at La CoquetaLa Coqueta is a Spanish inspired, British based children's wear brand. Opening its first store on Heath St, Hampstead in March 2013, and launching their online boutique at the same time, La Coqueta have since opened their second store in renown shopping precinct Ledbury Road. La Coqueta has a loyal customer base and celebrity following. It is coveted by major publications in the UK such as Smallish Magazine, Grazia and Sunday supplements, to name a few.
The successful candidate will utilize their creative skills to:
- Design for all La Coqueta branded content; translate all creative in print and digital environments that ensures a cohesive La Coqueta brand communication.
- Must have a passion for setting and implementing branding guidelines.
- Partner with Web Content Executive, Creative Director, and web developers on day-to-day creative updates and changes.
- Participate in new idea sessions and the possible development and execution of those ideas.
- Support manager with creative design and execution of all branding needs (global packaging, PR, licensing, corporate communication and customer experience initiatives, etc.).
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Creating and updating website banners
- Online lookbooks
- Upload above content to Magento weekly, keeping all consistent & checking the dimensions of the site on desktop, iPad & mobile
- Deliver creative briefs to the Creative Director for potential marketing opportunities i.e. video, animation projects, illustration, catalogues
- Design all marketing materials, leaflets, postcards, print lookbooks/brochures for both print and digital
- Create, design, build & schedule all email marketing
- Packaging design and spec creation
- Ensure all marketing channels are aligned with each other to ensure the brand is communicating the same message.
- File all imagery (including cut outs/ lifestyle & buy the looks)
- Ensure all imagery is named correctly & clearly
- Make sure all images are accounted for
- Double check imagery when it is sent back by 100% digital against the reference sheet, flag any incorrect sized or incorrectly shot imagery with 100%
- Assist the creative director with models sheets and looks sheets
- Attend shoot if applicable
Skills and experience required:
- A love and interest in children’s fashion
- Proficient in: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and HTML
- A refined taste level with expert design and typography skills.
- An understanding of responsive design.
- Ability to take direction from Creative Director and provide multiple solutions
- Ability to conceptualize design solutions with limited direction.
- Ability to prioritize with tight deadlines and follow through.
- Ability to think outside the box and awareness of print and digital trends.
- Extremely detail oriented, well organized, strong problem-solving skills.
- Team player with positive attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- An understanding of customer priorities and ability to strive to exceed expectations