Posted on 5 December 2017
Junior Digital Designer at Eden MarshThe The Financial Times (FT) is one of the world's leading business news and information organisations. We are recognised globally for our authority, integrity and accuracy. We provide a broad range of essential services, including news, comment, data, analysis and events, to the growing audience of internationally minded business people.
FT Brand & Design team works across the FT portfolio producing print, digital, video and animated creative whilst developing and protecting the FT brand. Part of this department, the
Commercial Designers work with sales and audience marketing teams providing high quality design services creating co-branded campaigns and collateral to the front line sale functions.
The Junior Digital Designer supports the Head of Commercial Design responsible for the creation and delivery of outstanding sales collateral ensuring mock-ups, co-branded campaign collateral and decks have a strong brand consistency.
The Junior Digital Designer reports to and works alongside the Head of Commercial Design, as well as working under supervision from Creative Director. They also need to be able to work independently across multiple projects that at times can have a quick turnaround.
The role requires strong digital skills and awareness of the latest digital trends.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide mock-ups, infographics and other collateral to assist with pitches and proposals
- Implement print and digital [desktop and mobile] campaigns
- Design campaign reports for Audience Marketing, Campaign Planning and Commercial Strategy & Insight teams
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Dreamweaver. Knowledge of After Effects is desirable but not essential
- Ability to seamlessly implement campaign collateral across print and digital
- Can-do attitude and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Recognised design qualification e.g. BA, BFA etc or equivalent
- Awareness of current digital trends and ability to interpret those into new creative executions