Posted on 6 December 2017
Senior Motion Designer and Animator at Nucco Brain Studio LtdStarting from the 15th of January
Nucco Brain is an award winning digital storytelling studio based in Shoreditch, London.
Our highly talented team is young, energetic and international, with a passion for telling stories through branding, content strategy, film, animation, digital content, graphic design and visual development.
We have recently joined forces with Unit 9, a renowned innovation production studio, to become their animation and visual development arm.
At Nucco Brain everybody - from the Founders to the Junior Artists - is involved in the feed-back and production process. We are now looking for a full time permanent Senior Motion Designer and Animator.
- Love for storytelling and a curiosity to always learn new things: about animation, about clients, about new software
- Minimum 5 years (preferably longer) professional experience as a lead motion graphic artist/animator
- Must be able to direct other animators/designers and take on a creative director role, when necessary
- Must have a deep understanding of video-production and animation pipeline
- Must be someone who will take an interest in your team-mates and support them during production
- Must be passionate about creative businesses, visual design and video production
- Must be honest and transparent towards the goals you have achieved and the challenges you may meet
- Must be a natural problem-solver, focused on delivering smart solutions
- Must be able to relate to creative professionals and understand their thinking and work practices
- You must have at least 5 years experience within an agency/studio environment
- Ability to quickly sketch ideas and thumbnails for layouts (Yes, with a real pencil!)
- Knowledge of Graphic Design and Branding Fundamentals
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- You must have extensive knowledge of After Effects
- You must have experience in video-production pipeline (short form and advertising focus is a plus)
- You must be able to confidently communicate at any level, from Founder, to Chief Marketing Officer, to Junior Designer
- Good 2D character animation skills
- Knowledge of AE plugin Duik (or similar character rigging plugin)
- Good knowledge of Cinema 4D
- Experience in Visual Effects and Particle Systems
- Experience in VR/AR experiences is desireable
- Experience in live footage editing/grading and Premiere is desireable
- Knowledge of Maya, 3D character rigging and animation is desireable
- Knowledge of Unity is a plus
- Sense of humour is always appreciated!
Additional Benefits: Creative environment, flexible hours, Spotify or Netflix subscription, Friday beers
We encourage applicants from the most diverse backgrounds. NB values diversity and creativity in all its forms and we love to see that reflected in our crew.